Wow. Cross Stitch News received the "You Make My Day" award from Charlene at Needle In Hand. Thank you very much, Charlene.
The award rules are: "Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on."
I'm going to be passing this award on only to cross stitch and needlework-related blogs, as I think that is appropriate, since CSNews was given the award, not my personal blog. It helps narrow things down to (I read a LOT of blogs, on all sorts of topics, not just needlework).
- SharonB always has something new to learn in needlework. Last year she hosted the "Take A Stitch Thursday" challenge, and this year she's hosting a challenge called "Take it Further". It's a great site for expanding your stitching horizons.
- Connie Thomas, the host of About.com's Cross Stitch guide, is a terrific source of freebie patterns and instruction, especially for new stitchers.
- Independent Needlework News collects all sorts of industry news, including new shops, sales, and new designers/threads/fabrics.
- Jen from Funk & Weber designs created the Needle and ThREAD: Stitching for Literacy program, which brings stitchers together to create bookmarks to encourage reading in children and adults.
- Melinda at The Stitching Thread is the designer behind Medeiros Designs. Her blog is a great look into what goes into creating a design.
- Artistic License is another designer's blog, this one belonging to Teresa Wentzler of TW Designworks. Her style is quite different from Melinda's, and it's interesting to see the differences and simliarities in the design process.
- Incoherent Scribblings is not only a prolific stitcher, but the host of the SBQ, the Stitcher's Blog Question. This is a weekly question to inspire stitching bloggers to talk about their work in detail.
- The Freebie Gallery is exactly what it sounds like: a gallery of finished works based on freebie designs offered by designers around the world. It's great to see the results of these complimentary designs that designers create for stitchers.
- The World's Largest Collection of Smalls is another gallery site, this one specifically for small cross stitched projects. If you're usually a big project person, this will really inspire you. Also, it's a great place to get finishing ideas for those small designs that you're not sure quite what to do with them.
- Sharon's Cross Stitch Obsession is my final choice for this award. Another prolific stitcher, she always is working on something interesting, and I simply like what she posts. :)
Update: It appears you can't comment or email the hostess of The World's Largest Collection of Smalls. I just hope they see this in a trackback. Also, Teresa Wentzler's blog is having issues, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to let her know about the award.